With this release we are launching a couple of new features.
- HTML5 instead of Flash - Yes!
- A new input screen - easy entry of all relevant data.
- Views for resources and projects - you can define your own views and easily switch between them.
- Share views - enables you to define default views for all users.
- Filtering in views - set conditions on selected projects, resources and bookings.
- Display settings - set your personal preferences for color, labels and notifications.
- Use of break and travel time - just like the planning board.
- Upload files - just like the planning board, now also available here.
- Multiple edit of bookings - remove or reschedule a whole list of bookings in a few clicks.
- Data security - now you can also define which projects and resources a user is allowed to see.
The new version will instantly be available for all users. The old version will be renamed to 'Calendar classic' and will remain available for 2 months before being decommissioned. More information on the Calendar application? Check out this support article.
With this new feature, you can submit resource requests. Perfect for organisations where account or project managers request resources to be assigned to their projects. In the new feature we consider them as the 'requesters'.
They submit resource requests to a resource manager or planner, which we call 'assignees'. The assignee can search for the qualified resources to process the request. Processing a request will automatically create resource bookings to schedule the resources. Requests can also be rejected. All communication between the requesters and the assignees is supported automatically by email.
Resource requests allow you to specify:
- Date from
- Datum to
- Number of hours
- Quantity of required resources
- Department of required resources
- Position of required resources
- Skills of required resources
- Preference for specific resources
A resource request can have multiple lines. This way you can request multiple resources with different skill sets for a single activity.
You can authorise users for this new feature in User Profiles. Here you can also specify if a user is a requester, an assignee or both.
The resource requests feature will also be integrated with the new Gantt Chart feature in HTML5, enabling project managers to create resource request directly when they have scheduled an activity.
New styling progress reporting iCalendar
If you're using the iCalendar feature, you can report the progress directly from your calendar system by clicking on the progress URL in the booking. You used to get a window in Flash. This window has now been replaced by an HTML5 version.
We have also redesigned the setup of the window. You can report the progress by using a slider and we've made it easier to mark the activity as completed in a single click.