In Applications > Resource requests, you can create and control your resource requests. With this feature, you can submit resource requests. Resources can request resource for there project or department. we consider them as the 'requesters' who submit resource requests to a resource manager or planner, which we call 'assignees'. The assignee can search for the qualified resources to process the request. Processing a request will automatically create resource bookings to schedule the resources. Requests can also be rejected. All communication between the requesters and the assignees is supported automatically by email.
Resource request general
In the application Resource requests you can choose between two view options to see the requests. Depending on your role (requester or assignee) you can select a view.
My resource request (requester)
Shows all the 'open' requests you've created. For the requester a request is 'Open' if it has one of the following status:
- Not submitted
- Partly scheduled
- Partly rejected
Assigned resource requests (assignee)
Shows the resource requests you've either created or responded to as a assignee. Options:
- Partly scheduled
- Partly rejected (where at least one of the lines has not been approved or rejected)
Use the checkbox: 'All open requests' to see only the 'open' requests, uncheck this box to see all requests.
Add and submit resource requests (requester)
Use the button 'Add resource request' to submit a new resource request. Fill the relevant fields:
- Date, project, activity and assignee are mandatory.
- Hours - When adding a request the number budget hours are copied from the budget field of the Activity. These hours can be overwritten.
Specify your request
After saving the request you can click on 'edit' to further specify the request:
- Add extra lines for differente roles in your request
- Specify your request with Department, Position and Skills.
- 'Finding Resources' to add already a resource or just to check of a resource is available. This setting can be (de-)activated on the User profile of the resource.
Submit your Request
Once your request is complete, you can submit it using 'Submit Request'. After submitting the assignee will receive a notification email.
Assigning resource requests (assignee)
Assignees can handle the request by looking at the details - to to this, simply click on 'View' (button behind the selected line).
Assign or reject a request
Each request can have on or more lines. Per line different conditions can be filled.
Use the option 'Find resources' to find resource who matches the request demands. The color will indicated the availability. Click on a resource to plan the resource, use Ctrl to select multiple resources.
After selecting resource(s) you can approve the line. Use the reject option to reject the request. A notification with the rejection remarks will be send to the requester. Approved requests will be booked in the resource planning, also a notification email will be send.
Planned resource requests, one or multiple days
When a request has been approved it will be planned automatically. There is a difference between an entry on one day and on multiple days:
One day: Resources will be planned at the requested date, starting time and duration. Whenever this result into a double booking, you will receive a notification.
Multiple days: Resources will be planned at any available moment from the requested date on. Resources will be planned until the requested number of hours have been plannend.
Delete request (requester)
If the status is different from 'Closed a request can be removed. When a request is partly planned and partly rejected the request will have the status 'Planned', manually the status can be set co 'Closed'. The request can only be removed by the requester.
Status resource requests
- Not submitted (just created by the requester)
- Submitted (assignee hasn't done anything with it yet)
- Partly scheduled (assignee has scheduled one or more lines, but there are still other lines which assignee hasn't done anything with yet)
- Partly rejected (one or more lines have been rejected while one or more lines have been scheduled or nothing has been done yet with them)
- Rejected (all lines have been rejected)
- Scheduled (all lines have been scheduled)