Masters > System Settings is used to manage the settings for the interface with Google calendar. This interface loads the planning into the calendar of Google calendar.
- Application: Google Calendar
- Available as additional (paid) option for Edition: Plus, Plan and Board
- Description: Resource planning is done entirely in Timewax. A resource is scheduled in Timewax. Planned activities are automatically added to the personal calendar of the resource.
- The integration only updates when the Timewax bookings have been edited.
- Purchase of Google calendar integration
- Initial system set-up
- Users authorise Timewax to Google calendar
- Details interface
1. Purchase of Google Calendar integration
The interface is activated for ALL Timewax users and costs are charged per Timewax environment.
2. Initial system set-up
Once the integration is activated, the interface settings are available in Masters > System Settings > Google calendar Integration. To get the connection up and running these settings must be set.
- Email address(to and cc)which Timewax will be used to send the error log information.
Office 365 Information - Which information is send to Google:
- Include note entries - Note entries will als be added
- Show status - Status (hard/soft) of resource bookings
- Show description - Description of resource bookings
- Show remarks - Remarks of resource bookings
- Show activity remarks - Activity remarks (Master Project)
- Show progress link - link will be available in Google calendar to report progress on the activity
3. Authorise Timewax
You need to have an active Google calendar account with access to the Google calendar.
After activating the Google calendar interface, each user should authorise Timewax to their Google calendar account through OAuth.
OAuth (Open Authorisation) is an open standard for authorization. OAuth allows access tokens to be issued without exposing confidential information like username and password. This will improve the security of the integration and user data.
Authorise Timewax to Google calendar:
- Click in the top right of the navigation bar and open Settings > Settings > Google calendar
- Click the button "Activate Google calendar integration"
- Timewax opens a second page "Activate Google calendar integration". Click the link 'click here'
- A new page, the Google calendar inlog window, opens. Log in to your Google calendar account
- If the authorisation was successful, you will see the page 'Integration activated'
4. Details interface
- Timewax: Bookings from the Planning board/calendar
- Google calendar: Events
|Office 365 Event Field||Timewax Field||Description|
|Subject/ Event||Project Code Project Name - Activity||Also in description|
|Date||Date||Also in description|
|Start time||Start time||Also in description|
|End time||End time||Also in description|
|Where||Location||Also in description|
|Description||Project Manager||Project Code - Project Name (Project Manager)|
|Description||Resources (planned)||Multiple resources are separated by ", "|
|Description||Link Progress||Optional in Edition: Plus or Plan|
|Description||-||Latest update date and time|