There are three ways to create a booking:
- Double clicking on an hour/day/week *
- Drag a project/activity to an hour/day/week *
- Drag one or more resources to an hour/day/week *
* Depending on the chosen display of the planning board.
When you create a booking the Add Booking screen is opened. Within several tabs you can register all relevant information.
- Date of the booking
- Time: Start time, end time and number of hours. Default start time is taken from the resource. For request bookings (booking without resources) this information is taken from system settings.
- Break: Number of break time hours. Default values to be set in System settings
- Travel: Number of travel time hours.
- Status: Status indication, Hard or Soft. The use of this option is free, just use it when necessary. Hard bookings are recognized by the lock icon.
- Project: The project of the booking.
- Activity: The activity for this the booking.
- Color: Booking will be displayed (if set via View settings) in the chosen color.
- Location: Office address of the customer (can be filled in Clients and can be changed).
- Description & Notes: Free text fields for additional information.
- Note Entry: By checking this option, the booking will be shown as a note (Yellow booking) and it will not influence the utilisation of the resource or the budgeted number of project hours.
Bookings can be repeated in a pattern:
- Day: The booking is repeated every day until the chosen date. With every x days, you can set an interval.
- Week: The booking is made every week on the indicated day(s) repeated until the chosen date. With every x weeks, you can set an interval.
- Month: The booking is repeated every month until the chosen date. With every x months you can set an interval. With the option on each, you can repeat the booking on a specific day (e.g. every Monday in the first week of the month)
Note that depending on the system parameters settings it is possible to make bookings on hours/days where no hours are available.
You can assign resources to a request by dragging them on the booking or by adding them in the Resources tab. You can do this by using the Plus icon. You can remove resources from the list using the Minus icon. At the moment that there are resources allocated to the request, the request is visible in the color option as chosen in View Settings. When no resources are added the booking color is red.
Enter the specific requirements for the open request. Through the project filters on the right you can search for specific requests.
Documents can be uploaded in bookings, tab 'Documents. This tab is only visible when editing a booking in the Resource- or Project board of application Planning Board.
Users can open these Documents in the Planning Board or in the mobile app. Files uploaded in the application Documents can be re-used as well.
- Click on an existing entry shows the possible options:
- Add: Add a new booking on the same hour/day.
- Edit: Opens the booking.
- Delete: Deletes the booking
- Remove resources: Removes the resource (s) from the booking. Booking is only visible in the project board.
- Copy: Copy the booking.
- Send confirmation (only in the resource board): Email this booking to the resource.
- Send reminder (only in the resource board): Email this booking to a customer.
- Tasks: Create a task based on this booking.
- Match resources (in the project board). Find resources that meet the request. Found resources are shown in the resource board.
- Progress: Add or update progress