In Masters > Resources, you can create and manage your resources. Resources can be internal or external persons, other resources like cars or materials or subcontractors. Resource details like code, name, position, department, authorisation, working hours and rates are set here.
1. Resource list
When you open the application the resource list shows all resources you're authorised to see. Authorisation is set in Masters > Resources > Data security. From here you have access to the other resource functions.
- Search resources - Search resources on code and/or name, email address, department, or position.
- Add resource - Add, create new resources.
- View/ edit resource - Opens resource details: General, Work, Organisation, Skills, Rates, Data security and Files.
- Show active resources - Determines if the list shows the active or inactive resources.
- Import resources - Excel resource import and the import template. Accessible by clicking the link at the bottom right.
2. Add resource
- Create a new resource by using the button Add resource. Enter the mandatory data in the popup window.
- Depending on your System settings you have to enter a resource code manually or it is generated automatically.
- Startdate, department and position are mandatory data to enter. If the desired department or position isn't available, you can add it in Masters.
- (Extra) resource details can be added later by using the function Resource edit/view.
Add resource options:
A. Resource Is a person = No:
- Resources like planable materials, equipment or rooms.
- You can create an unlimited number (no licenses necessary).
B. Resource Is a person = Yes - Is a user = No:
- Plan-able persons who do not need to enter timewax or view their planning.
- The persons can't login to Timewax.
- You can create an unlimited number.
C. Resource Is a person = Yes - Is a user = Yes:
- Resources as in users. Planable persons who are able to login to Timewax and view their planning.
- For each user a license is required.
- All users have/get the same Timewax edition: Board/ Plan/ Plus
- Only users are capable of using timewax functions; View data, plan, submit timesheets (Plus edition) and more.
- To manage the main authorisation at least one user profile must be set. A user can have one or multiple user profiles.
- The option Send login information will send an email with the login information to the new user.
3. Edit resource
The function Edit resource opens the resource details were you can edit or add details. The resource details are divided in sections.
Depending on your authorisation these options are available.
- Send iCalendar link - Sends an iCalendar link, an ics.file which contains the resource planning data of this particular user. The resource can add this link to their favorite calendar system like Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Lotus Notes, Groupwise and Apple iCal.
- Reset password - Resets the password of the resource.
- Send login information - Sends an email with all relevant information for the resource to logon (including a pasword reset).
- Copy resource- To create a new resource based on an existing resource. Copies all fields except name and email.
- Remove resource - Removes the resource. See als section 4.
1. Resource > General
The main resource characteristics, resource type, name, start and end date, user name and user profile are managed here.
Here the resource type can also be changed.
The user profile determines which applications and functions the resource is authorised to use. User profiles are managed in the application Master Data > User Profiles.
With the start and end dates of a resource you determine the availability of a resource:
- A resource is / becomes inactive when the end date entered is in the past (this license will then become for other users)
- The resource is only available for planning in this period
- The resource is available only in specified periods of time in utilization
- The resource can only submit time and expense sheets in this periode
- When you remove the end date or place a future date, the resource becomes active again (if there is a license available).
2. Resource > Work
Here standard working hours, bank holidays and leave budgets of the resource are set.
For every resource you specify for each day in the week the standard start time and the number of working hours. This is taken into account when creating resource bookings.
The option Send e-mail when time sheet is due sends the user an automatic reminder email when his timesheet(s) is expired. This main function is set in System settings. This option also controls, if the resource is shown on the missing timesheets report.
Backup timesheets and expense sheets: for each resource you can specify a different resource who can submit time and expense sheets on behalf of this resource.
Bank holidays determines which days are not workable as public holidays. These non- working days help to calculate and display a realistic number of available and utilized hours in applications such as Calendar and the planning board.
Balance leave and leave budgets make it possible to manage the leave budgets of users.
3. Resource > Organisation
A resource is always linked to a department. Resources can be linked in to a future department using the startdate. This startdate is used for accurate reporting and for the data security.
A resource always has a position. Here too, future positions(for example, because of promotion) can be set using the startdate. This startdate is used for accurate reporting and determining the correct rates (commercial, intercompany and cost).
You can delete a department or position of a resource using Edit department/position > Delete department/position.
4. Resource > Skills
You can assign any number of Skills to a resource and use it to plan and find the right and qualified resources.
Optionally the end date of a Skill can be set. This can prevent a resource being planned (in the planning board) while the corresponding Skill has expired.
You can delete a resource skill by using Edit skill > Delete skill.
5. Resource > Leave entitlements
In this section you can add the leave entitlements. Click on 'Add leave entitlements' to add leave per year.
- Year - The calendar year
- Opening Balance - Remaining budget from the previous year
- Leave entitlements - Number of hours for this year
- Time for Time - Number of hours earned Time for Time
- Taken Leave - Actual hours leave (Plus edition) or planned leave in the past (Plan edition)
- Planned Leave - Planned future leave
- Closing balance - The sum of the above
7. Resource > Rates
In this section you can add personal rates to a resource. For each rate you can define:
- The type : commercial, intercompany or cost price
- The currency : you can add rates for multiple currencies
- The effective date : the date from which the rate will be applicable
When personal rates have been defined they will overrule the rates that have been defined within the position of the resource. The commercial rate will be used as the default rate when the resource is linked to Project > Resources. This value can be adjusted in the Project - rates.
8. Resource > Data security
Data security is to be seen in combination with user profiles.
The user profile is defines which applications and functions the user can use.
In data security is set what data or specific data, the resource can access. Data security is set at four data levels: Projects, Resources, and Customer Portfolios.
For more details, read the article Data security.
9. Resource > Files
Here, files can be uploaded and linked to a resource.
For more details, read the article Files.
4. Delete resource
It is preferred not to delete resources but marking them as inactive. When you delete a resource all data history is permanently deleted.
A resource is set inactive by entering an end date in the past in Resource > General. This will make the resource inactive so it is no longer visible, displayed in selection lists or displayed as search result.
However, if it needs be, resources can be deleted, although not all resources. Resources that are used in an invoicing or authorisation process can not be deleted.
- Delete Resource - Resource list > Edit Resource> Delete Resource (bottom right)
- Delete selected resources - Select multiple resources while holding the CTRL (or CMD) key and the feature appears at the bottom right.