You can find Calculations in the menu Applications. Click here to go to this Application.
With this application you can create calculations which can be used to make quotations to clients. You can calculate with rates per hour, per day or per item. It is possible to have multiple versions of a calculation. Based on a calculation you can create a project with its entire activity structure.
Create a new calculation
You can create a new calculation by clicking on the plus button or by copying an existing calculation (select and click the Copy button). When you add a new calculation a pop-up screen will open to enter the following fields:
- Template : create the calculation based on a template
- Name : name of the calculation
- Department : the unit to which the calculation belongs
- Clients : the client for which the calculation is created (new clients can be added in the application Clients)
- Contact : free field to enter the contact person of the client
- Date : date of calculation
After creating the calculation it will be shown on the left side. The code is automatically generated based on the client code, an increasing number and the version number of the calculation.
Add groups and lines
A calculation consists of one or more groups. You have to create one group as a minimum. When you have created a group you can start adding lines by selecting products. After selection you can adjust the description, quantities and amounts including the purchase value/cost price.
On the tab Sub products you can add or modify the products which are related the the selected product. Sub products will sum up to the total costs of the main product.
At all times you can export the calculation with the Export Excel option. With the option Export non-invoicable lines you can determine if these lines are exported to excel.
When the calculation is complete and approved you can finalize it with the Finalize button. This will create:
- the invoice terms available for invoicing
- the project with a number based on yymm9999
- the activity structure based on the calculation groups and lines
If the instalments option are off, the lines with the type fixed price are not used to calculate terms but these lines are directly available for invoicing. After creating the project, this information is visible in Activities.
- With the Reopen button you can reopen the calculation for adjustments.
- When transactions haven been made on a project the corresponding lines cannot be removed.
- Adding extra lines is always possible. When you click on the Finalize button the lines will be added as ab activity to the project.
- Items and amounts can not be adjusted in Activities when a project is created from a calculation.
- Search Company
- Add Product from Template
- Add Product
- Make changes