You can find Quotes in the menu Applications. Click here to go to this Application.
With this application you can create quotes which can be used to make quotations to clients. You can calculate with rates per hour, per day or per item. It is possible to have multiple versions of a quote. Based on a quote you can create a project with its entire activity structure.
Create a new calculation
You can create a new quote by clicking on the Add quote button or by copying an existing quote. When you add a new calculation a pop-up screen will open to enter the following fields:
- Template : create the quote based on a template
- Name : name of the quote
- Department : the unit to which the quote belongs
- Clients : the client for which the quote is created (new clients can be added in the application Clients)
- Contact : free field to enter the contact person of the client
- Date : date of the quote
After creating the quote it will be shown on the left side. The code is automatically generated based on the client code, an increasing number and the version number of the quote.
Add groups and lines
A quote consists of one or more groups. You have to create one group as a minimum. When you have created a group you can start adding lines by selecting products. After selection you can adjust the description, quantities and amounts including the purchase value/cost price.
On the tab Sub products you can add or modify the products which are related the the selected product. Sub products will sum up to the total costs of the main product.
At all times you can export the calculation with the Export Excel option. With the option Export non-invoicable lines you can determine if these lines are exported to excel.
When the quote is complete and approved you can finalize it with the Finalize button. This will create:
- the invoice terms available for invoicing
- the project
- the activity structure based on the calculation groups and lines
If the instalments option are off, the lines with the type fixed price are not used to calculate terms but these lines are directly available for invoicing.
- With the Reopen button you can reopen the quote for adjustments.
- When transactions haven been made on a project the corresponding lines cannot be removed.
- Adding extra lines is always possible. When you click on the Finalize button the lines will be added as ab activity to the project.
- Items and amounts can not be adjusted in Activities when a project is created from a quote.