In Masters > Clients, you create and manage your clients. Clients are used in project.
Clients are used for:
- Use of address data when resource bookings are created
- Use of email address (debtor role) for sending an email confirmation to clients
- Use of debtor role address for invoicing
- Reporting data in the applications Utilization and Client Summary
- Manage Contact persons
1. Client list
When you open the application the client list shows all clients you're authorised to see. Authorisation is set in Masters > Resources > Data security. From here you have access to the other client functions.
- Search clients - Search clients on code and/or name.
- Add client - Add, create new clients.
- View/ edit client - Opens client details: General, Addresses, Contact persons, Debtors and Files.
- Show active clients - Determines if the list shows the active or inactive clients.
- Import clients - Excel client import and the import template. Accessible by clicking the link at the bottom right.
2. Add client
- Create a new client by using the button Add client. Enter the mandatory data in the popup window.
- Depending on your System settings you have to enter a client code manually or it is generated automatically.
3. Edit client
The function Edit client opens the client details were you can edit or add details. The client details are divided in sections.
Depending on your authorisation these options are available.
1. Client > General
The main client characteristics, client name, Account manager, telephone number, VAT number, Terms in days and more are managed here.
Here the client can also be set inactive or active.
2. Client > Addresses
Here all necessary contact information is saved. The mailing address will automatically be derived from the office address. These values can be overwritten.
The office address will be included in resource bookings when a booking is made on a project linked to this company.
3. Client > Contact persons
On this page you can register contact persons of the client.
- Name : Mandatory field
- Other contact fields
- Communication 1- 5 : Possible options can be maintained in the application Field lists
- Contact persons list - List of all contact persons of this client.
- Add contact person - Add, create new contact persons.
- View/ edit contact person - Opens contact person details were you can edit them.
- Delete contact person - Go to edit contact person and click Delete contact person at the bottom right
4. Client > Debtors
Op deze pagina worden alle benodigde adresgegevens voor facturering vastgelegd (alleen van belang in de Plus-editie).
On this page you can enter all necessary data for invoicing purposes (only of use in Plus-edition).
The email address entered on this page can be used to send an email confirmation of resource bookings to the client.
- Debtors list - List of all debtors of this client.
- Add debtor - Add, create new debtor.
- View/ edit debtor - Opens debtor details were you can edit them.
- Delete debtor - Go to edit debtor and click Delete debtor at the bottom right
5. Client > Files
Here, files can be uploaded and linked to a client.
For more details, read the article Files.
4. Delete client
It is preferred not to delete clients but marking them as inactive. When you delete a client all data history is permanently deleted.
A client is set inactive by marking it as not active in Client > General, bottom right. This will make the client inactive so it is no longer visible in selection lists or displayed as search result.
However, if it needs be, clients can be deleted, although not all clients. Clients that are used in invoicing can not be deleted.
- Delete client - Client list > Edit Client> Delete Client (bottom right)
- Delete selected clients - Select multiple clients while holding the CTRL (or CMD) key and the feature appears at the bottom right.