In Masters > Projects, create and manage your projects. Project information like code, name, project manager, portfolios, activities, budget, hours, costs, invoice information and documents are set here.
Projects are used to manage and get insight in resource needs and utilization.
1. Project list
When you open the application the project list shows all projects you're authorised to see. Authorisation is set in Masters > Resources > Data security. From here you have access to the other resource functions.
- Search projects - Search projects on code and/or name, client, project manager, or department.
- Add project - Add, create new projects.
- View/ edit project - Opens project details: General, Activities & costs, Resources, Authorisation, Invoicing, Files and Other.
- Show active projects - Determines if the list shows the active or inactive projects.
- Portfolios - Add and manage portfolios. For more details read article Portfolios
- Import projects - Excel resource import and the import template. Accessible by clicking the link at the bottom right.
2. Add project
- Create a new project by using the button Add project. Enter the mandatory data in the popup window.
- Depending on your System settings you have to enter a project code manually or it is generated automatically.
- The link 'Activities' in the bottom right of the window, enables you to directly add 5 activities. Default at least one activity "GEN General" is created. After the project is created, you can add more or edit activities in Projects > Activities & costs.
- Each project has to have a client. If the desired client isn't available in the pick list, you can add one in Masters > Clients. You can change the project client as long as there has not been invoiced.
Add project based on a template:
- Templates are created by marking an existing project in Project > General as template. This also allows you to remove a template, just remove the check mark.
- A project based on a template copies the template project settings, activities, budget hours, resource rates and tasks to the new project.
- Changes in the project template only effect the projects that are created after the change.
- Create Gantt chart : Copies the project template gantt chart starting at the entered start date. Creates the duration and dependencies between activities based on the values in the template and the entered start date.
- Create resource requests :Automatically creates Resource Requests based on the duration and budgeted number of hours.
3. Edit Project
The function Edit project opens the project details were you can edit or add details. The project details are divided in sections.
Depending on your authorisation these options are available.
The main project characteristics, name, client, project manager, project is invoiceable and more are managed here.
For more details read article Project - General.
Here you set up your project structure based on resources you need to get the wor done: activities, phases, breakdowns, costs. Per item you can set a budget and how you want to charge it.
- Activities : Activities, breakdowns, phases were resources, labour is necessary to get the work done.
- Costs : Invoiceable items that don't need resource utilization. For example license costs, invoicing purchased hardware, subscriptions.
- Search activities (and costs) - Search activities (and costs) on code and/or name.
- Add activity/ cost - Add, create new activity or cost.
- Activity and cost order and hierarchy: You can change the order and hierarchy by dragging and dropping activities or costs.
In Authorisation you can add resources to a project which you can authorize per resource-activity and set a commercial rate and cost rate.
For more details read article Project - Authorisation.
4. Project > Purchase invoices
This section is only available in the Plus-edition.Besides hours and costs purchase invoices can be recorded. First the invoice must be linked to Costs and after that costs can be charged with or without a margin.
For more details read article Project - Purchase invoices.
This section is only available in the Plus-edition and only visible when in Project > General the option Invoiceable is check marked. Here you set all the information you'll need to correctly invoice the project.
For more details read article Project - Invoicing.
Here, files can be uploaded and linked to a project.
For more details read article Files.
7. Project > Other
External link: Link to a online project environment.
Email contact person: Contact person for sending email from Timewax.
Start/enddate: Informative fields, overall start and enddate for this project based on the Gantt Chart
Remarks : Free field to save project remarks.
4. Delete project
It is preferred not to delete projects but marking them as inactive. When you delete a project all data history is permanently deleted.
A project is set inactive by marking it as not active in Project > General, bottom right. This will make the project inactive so it is no longer visible in selection lists or displayed as search result.
However, if it needs be, projects can be deleted, although not all projects. Projects that are used in invoicing can not be deleted.
- Delete project - Project list > Edit Project> Delete Project (bottom right)
- Delete selected projects - Select multiple projects while holding the CTRL (or CMD) key and the feature appears at the bottom right.
Project - General
Project - Activities
Project - Costs
Project - Resources, Authorisation
Project - Invoicing
Project - Portfolios