Masters > System Settings is used to manage and set system-wide settings valid for all users
1. Login settings - Password policy settings like length, login attempts and reuse of passwords
- Change password at first login - should the password be changed after first login
- Days password will be valid - how many days the password is valid
- Warning period new password - numbers of days for reminder message
- Minimum length of password - number of characters, minimum of 10.
- By default a strong password is forced. The password needs to contain at least one lowercase, one uppercase, one numeric and one special character.
- Reuse password - defines if the old password can be reused
- Reuse after - number of other passwords before reuse is allowed
- Limit login attempts - To limit the attempts of incorrect logins
- Number of incorrect logins - the number of incorrect logins before the user is blocked
- Email login from other Ip address - send an alert email if there was a login from an other Ip address
2. Planning settings - Settings like default start time, working hours and utilization limits
- Default start time - default start time for request bookings, project bookings and holidays
- Default working hours - default working hours for request bookings, project bookings and holidays
- Enter break time - It is possible the break time on an entry.
- Default break time - Default duration of a break in which time frame.
- Enter travel time - It is possible the register travel time on an entry.
- Use note entries - Use this option to make it possible to make note bookings in the Planning board. Note bookings are only visible in the planning board.
- Allow conflicts resource bookings - Allows to plan more hours than available when you add repeating entries.
- Use lower limit utilization - defines a limit in the application Utilization
- Lower limit percentage until - defines the percentage for the lower limit
- Lower limit color - defines the color for values below the limit
- Use upper limit in workload - defines a limit in the application Utilization
- Upper limit percentage - defines the percentage for the upper limit
- Upper limit color - defines the color of all values above the limit
- Color between upper and lower limits - defines the color of all values between the upper and lower limit
3. Time Sheets settings - Settings for approval of time sheets and email alerts
- Approve time sheets - defines approval of time bookings
- Approve time sheets - defines the approver
- Send email approval to - defines to whom the authorization email is sent:
- Send approval cc email to - defines who receives a copy of the approval email:
- Portfolio Manager
- Project Manager
- Manager Department
- Send rejection email time sheets - sends an email to resources when entries are rejected
- Split weeks in time sheets - defines if cross-month weeks are divided into an 'a' and 'b' week for faster monthly closing
- Type mandatory in time sheets - defines if the field Type is required. Type values can be maintained in the application Attributes
- Description mandatory in time sheets - defines if the field Description is required
- Check on working time - determines that time sheets can only be submitted when the contract hours of the resource have been accounted for
- Use miles - changes the kilometres headers in Timewax to miles
- Send email for due time sheets - sends an email to all resources with due time sheets (sent at the end of the day)
- Send email from date - The start date for sending reminders to the resource
- Time sheets due after hours - number of hours before the past week/period is due
4. Expense Sheets settings - Settings for approval of expense sheets and VAT calculation
- Approve expenses - defines approval of expense bokings
- Expenses approved by - defines the approver
- Send rejection email expenses - sends an email to resources when entries are rejected
- Show currency - possibility for users to change the currency. By default the currency of the legal entity
- Show VAT - possibility for users to enter VAT
- Expenses VAT 1 and 2 - applicable VAT
- Expense KM rate - applied rate per kilometer when hours are copied from time lines
5. Other settings - Auto numbering and code settings
- Client code unique - ensures that duplicate values cannot occur
- Auto numbering client code - determines that the client code will be automatically generated in the format YYMM9999
- Project code unique - ensures that duplicate values cannot occur
- Auto numbering project code - determines that the project code will be automatically generated in the format YYMM9999
- Auto numbering activity code - determines that the activity code will be automatically generated in the format 1.2.2
- Authorize resources to all activities - Once a resource is booked on a project, he or she is directly authorized to use ALL the project activities in Time sheets. Otherwise, only the activity to which the resource is booked or is authorized.
- Auto numbering resource code - determines that the client code will be automatically generated in the format YYMM9999
- No. of decimals for rates - to set the number of decimals used to save and calculatie rates
14. Developer settings - Only access for nerds! OAuth identification settings for the Timewax API.
OAuth (Open Authorization) is an open standard for authorization, commonly used as a way for Internet users to log into third party websites. Users can access private data without their username and password.