Time sheets can be found in the Applications menu. Click here to go to this Application.
This application is used for resources to enter and submit actual spent hours. Depending on the approval settings in the System settings submitted time sheets will become available for approval. A favorites list makes it possible to register hours fast and precise. Options to copy previous weeks or existing planning are available.
The startscreen shows an overview of a chosen year. The weeks will be shown per line and the color indicate the status of the time sheets:
- Yellow : saved
- Purple : submitted
- Blue : partly approved
- Green : approved
- Red : rejected
- Orange : due
- Grey : Not applicable
Import hours: Timelines can be imported with an Excel template. Click here for more information.
- You can enter hours on activities that are shown in the time sheet.
- Click on Favorites to add the relevant activities to the time sheet or use Copy last week to copy lines from the previous week. To copy lines from the planing use Copy Planning. The copy options can be (de-)activated in User profiles.
- The favorites list shows only these activities for which the resource is authorized. Go to Project, tab authorization. (Master data > Projects) to add or remove the authorization.
- Click on the pencil icon to fill more details such as start-, endtime, type and descriptions but also kilometers/miles including a description.
- Depending on the settings (in System settings) the field Type is required. A message will show whether or not this is required.
- The field Reference can be used to fill relevant values such as a ticket number.
- As soon as the hours are entered they are saved (Yellow).
When you have completed your time sheet you can submit these hours by clicking the Submit button. It is possible to reopen entries as long as entries have not been approved. Use the Reopen button to do this. When hours are approved (green) they cannot be reopened. If necessary an authorised resource can reopen an approved line in the Application Approval.
Rejected entries will be displayed in red. In the Details section you will find the reason of rejection. After adjusting the entries you can submit them again.
Actions per line
Use the Action button the right to do some relevant actions:
- Extra Line - Adds a copy of the selected line.
- Remove – Remove all entries on the selected line. Approved entries cannot be removed.
- Add progress - Add progress for the project and activity of the selected line.
- Start Timer - Starts a timer for the project and activity of the selected line. This action is only available in the current week and adds hours to the current date. When you stop the timer the spend hours are directly added as an entry.
Click on the header of the columns on the right to change the view options:
- Sort - Sort the view on the values of the selected column.
- Columns – Here you can chose which information is visible.
- Submit - Click on Submit to submit the hours to the project or department manager. This is depending in the settings in System settings.
- Reopen - Reopens the submitted hours so they can be edited.
- Rejected hour - When hours are rejected the rejection reason is visible in the detail screen.
- Print - Use this option to print the current week in a PDF.
- Submit Multiple Weeks - Selecting multiple weeks can be done using the Shift/Ctrl-key. Pay attention! Once an error is encountered, open the week and click here to submit so that you see what the error message contains.
System settings > Time sheets
Go to Masters > System settings > Time sheets to change several options concerning the behaviour of time sheet. More details van be found here: System settings.