In Applications > Approval > Time sheets / Expense sheets, projectmanagers and/or department managers approve submitted Time sheets and Expenses. These applications are available for Plus edition users.
- Approval > Time sheets (for approving or rejecting time)
- Approval > Expense sheets (for approving or rejecting expenses)
1. Approve or reject Time sheet(s) or Expense sheet(s)
- The left side shows a list of all submitted Time- or Expense sheets. Every record shows the resource name and the related period.
- You can select one or multiple sheets and approve them in a single action. Select in the left column one or several sheets by keeping the CTRL-button down. The option 'Select all' allows you to select all records at once.
- Approve: Click 'Approve' in the rop right to accept. Approved sheets are removed from the list.
- Reject: Click 'Reject' in the bottom right to decline, reject. A popup window appears to specify a rejection reason. Rejected sheets are removed from the list. Tip: The reason s visible in the hours or expense line of the resource.
- Send rejection email time, or expenses. The user receives a rejection email if this option is set in System Settings > Time- / Expense sheet settings.
- With the Missing time sheets in the bottom left, you can view a report with all missing sheets.
2. Approve or reject Time line(s) or Expense line(s)
- When you select a time- or expense sheet the entries and details are shown. The entry lines are grouped by project and breakdown.
- Approve: Click the green 'thumbs up' icon to approve the time-/ expense line. Approved lines are removed from the list.
- Reject: Click the orange 'thumbs down' icon to reject the time-/ expense line. Rejected lines are removed from the list.
- Edit: Click the 'Pencil' icon to edit the time-/ expense line. Resource name and date aren't editable.
- In expense sheets it is possible to view attached files (e.g. scanned receipts) by clicking the paperclip icon.
- Lines can be sorted or grouped by clicking the pulldown menu in the column header.
3. Definitions: Project manager and Manager department
- Project manager: The resource that is, at the time of submitting, the project manager of the project.
- Manager department: The resource that is, at the time of submitting, the (backup) manager department of the department of the resource.
4. Approval by multiple resources
- Approval by multiple resources is set in System settings, Time sheets.
- If approve sheets by project and department manager is set, submitted sheets first must be approved by project manager and secondly by manager department.
- Sheets are approved instantly after the first approval if the project manager and manager department are the same resource.
- The column 'Already approved by' shows the date and the resource name that already approved that line.
- Sheets rejected by the manager departement have to be re-submitted by the resource and re-approved by the project manager.
- Approve line, authorize
- Reject, decline line
- Edit line (Availability depends on user profile and/ or data security settings)
- Open, view attachment (only in Expense sheets)