In Applications > Expense Sheets, resources can claim expenses on a monthly basis by submitting an expense sheet including attachments. Based on the system settings expenses must be approved by the project- and/or department manager or are directly approved.
1. Expense sheets list
When you start this application all expense sheets of the current year are shown. By opening an expense period you can access and add expenses.
Every line is an expense period. The color of the square icon shows the expense sheet status: yellow-saved, purple-submitted, green-approved, blue-partly approved, red-rejected, white-not available.
Only the expense sheets from the start till enddate of the resource are available
- Resource selection menu - Default your user is selected. You can select other resources when you are set to be the 'backup expense sheets'. (Masters > Resources > Resource, tab Work. For more information read Resources)
- Year selection menu - Is default set to the current year. You can select other expense years.
- Open/edit expense period - Click the expense period link, click 'Open' (on the right side of the line), or double click the expense period line
- Import expenses - To download an import template and import expenses. This function is only available if your User profile is authorised.
2. Edit expense sheet
View or edit an expense sheet by clicking the period link, double clicking the expense period line, or by clicking the Open/ Edit link on the right side of the expense period line.
2.1 Add expenses
- Click the button 'Add expenses'
- Enter at least the mandatory data:
Date: Enter the date of the expenses. (mandatory)
Project: Only the active projects to which the resource is assigned and authorised are visible (mandatory)
Activity: Only the authorised project activities are visible (mandatory)
Type: The type of expenses (mandatory)
Amount: Total amount (exl. VAT) (mandatory)
Description: Description to specifiy the expenses
Currency: You can change the currency if this option is set to be available in Masters > System settings > Expense sheet settings
VAT type 1: VAT amount (Vat percentage * expense amount). Only available if set in Masters > System settings > Expense sheet settings.
VAT type 2:VAT amount (Vat percentage * expense amount). Only available if set in Masters > System settings > Expense sheet settings.
- Add attachment(s) bij clicking the ling 'Add attachment' in the bottom left
- Click 'Add expenses' to actually add the expense line
Click the 'Submit' button and the expenses will be submitted for approval to the project- or department manager, or are directly approved. (Depending on the setting in Masters > System Settings> Expense Sheets Settings)
2.3. View/edit expense lines
View or edit expense lines by double clicking the expense line or by clicking the Open/ Edit link on the right side of the expense line.
Only expense lines with status 'Saved' (yellow) can be edited. Expense lines with another status can only be viewed.
2.4 Miles/ Kilometres
Generate travel expenses based on the entered kilometers in timesheets. Click Kilometres and enter the travelrate. Timewax generates a travel expense line proposal that can be edited if necessary.
Click here to print the active expense period.
Expenses that aren't yet authorised (purple) can be reopened and edited.