In Applications > Invoicing you can generate and edit invoices, authorise them and send them to the client.
Invoicing process summary
The invoicing process has the following steps:
- Create invoice layouts
- Adjust settings in the master data
- Creation of invoices
- Edit invoice lines
- Edit invoice
- Authorize and Close
- Print and/or mail invoice and attachment
- view and print invoices
- Create credit invoices
Create an Invoice layout
Before you can invoice an invoice layout must be created. You can create an unlimited number of lay-outs. Use the application Masters > Invoice layout to create (multiple) invoice layouts.
Setting Master data
Per project you are able to invoice. A number of items per project must be set:
Masters > Clients > Client - Debtors
- First, you should create a debtor in the application Clients. The debtor is used to adres the invoice.
Masters > Projects > Project - Invoicing
- Set to Invoice responsible (backup). These are the only users (max 2) who are able to create invoices for the project.
- On the project you need to indicate which debtor applies, which layout you would like to use and which references needs to be included. Please find all settings here: Project.
- Also indicate what layouts to use when creating an invoice or a credit note.
Masters > Projects > Project - Activities and Costs
- Set per Project - Activity and -Cost whether and how the entries booked on this activity are processed in invoicing.
Invoicing starts after setting up all master data. The following items can be included:
- Authorized actual working hours
- Authorized expenses
- Realized kilometers (Booked in application Time)
- Fixed price entries of the activities
- Fixed price lines from budgeted costs
- Costing entries from purchase invoices
- Terms from Calculation
- Fixed price lines from Calculation
To start click on New Invoice, a selection screen will open.
- Enter the date of invoice and the selection date. All items unto this date will be selected. Optionally, the search can be reduced by selecting a project, Client, Project department, Project manager, Resource or portfolio.
- If no other fields are filled, all projects will be selected in which the current user is identified as being the (back-up) invoice responsible.
- Click create in order to make a selection. The projects found will be displayed.
- At all times the invoice and the specification can be viewed by clicking on the Print button.
Adjust Invoice lines
An Invoice exists out of one or more lines, per line you can make adjustments. By selecting the invoice line, the button Adjust lines comes available in order to amend the selected invoice lines.
Possibilities for adjusting selected lines includes:
- Write off: The selected line is removed from the invoice selection. After completing the run, the line is processed and can not be selected in the next selection.
- Delete: The selected line is removed from the invoice selection. The line will be available at the next selection to be processed.
- Change: Amendments in the appropriate column Hours/Expenses can be made.
- Recover: Available after one of the above actions has been performed. By using the Recover option the action will be made undone.
Click Invoice run to return to the main screen.
Click Cancel to stop the run. All lines will be reopened.
Besides making adjustments in the invoice lines, it is also possible to make changes into your invoice lay-out.
After clicking on the button Generate Invoice, a concept invoice will be opened.
- Select an Invoice line in particular and the button Adjust invoice will be available in order to make your amendments in all present objects.
- Click on the pencil to adjust lines.
- Click on the invoice to include text. Please note that there should be a field available in the Invoice layout
Use the Save button first, followed by Invoice run to return to the main screen.
Authorize and close
- By clicking Authorize, the invoice is finalised.
- A final invoice will be issued. The temporary invoice number will be replaced by the sequential number which is retrieved from the legal entity of the project.
- The invoice can not be adjusted anymore!
- Once an invoice is authorised and send to the client, you can close it. Closed invoices are removed from Invoicing and appear in View invoices.
Print (view) and Email
- By clicking Print and Print attachment the invoice and attachment will be opened in a pdf format.
- By clicking Email invoice the invoice can be emailed as pdf attachment. For more details, read Send invoice email.
- If multiple runs are selected (selections made by holding the Ctrl button) the invoices and attachments can be saved or printed directly.
View after closing the invoice
- After closing the invoice run it is always possible to view the processed invoices and print copy invoices.
- The archived invoices are available in the application View Invoices.
- By using the button View Invoices, you are able to view any invoice you would like to see.
- The text is displayed in the same way as this is entered in the option called Title Copy Invoice which is part of the Invoice Layout application.
Create credit notes
- To make a credit note, the original invoice needs to be selected in the application View Invoices.
- Click the button Create credit nota in order to get this credit note prepared. The created credit nota appears in Invoicing were you can edit it.
Please mind the following points of attention regarding credit notes:
- Only existing and entire lines can be removed in a credit note. You can't edit a credit note line.
- The lines on the credit note will become available again after completing the run. These lines will be proposed in the next invoice run were you can write them off or you can edit them.
- In the application Invoice Layout you are able to create a specific layout for credit notes. For each project you can specify the credit note layout which you find most applicable.