The tab Attachment is part of Masters > Invoice layout > Invoice layout details. It allows you to create a specification which is associated to the Invoice layout.
In this article we assume you are familiar with the contents of the article Invoice Layout > Layout. Creating an attachment layout shows many similarities with creating an invoice layout.
The main differences between the invoice and invoice attachment layout are discussed here:
- Start creating
- Insert a type-table
- Available objects
Start creating an attachment
In layout attachment you start differently than in Invoice layout. In layout attachment you start by assigning, inserting the type table(s). Once you've determined what invoice line types you want to show, you can modify the table content and layout.
So in the Invoice layout > Attachment you start by inserting the type-tables you want to display.
Insert a type-table
This is how you insert a type-table:
- Select a cell in the layout where the table should be inserted.
- Choose the type you need by opening the dropdown list in the properties menu.
- The type-table is inserted and you can start modifying the default table layout and content. Adjustments are made similar as in Invoice Layout > Layout.
These type-tables are available:
- Hours: The actual hours
- Hours per Resource: The actual hours are displayed by resource and totalized
- Hours per Activity: The actual hours are displayed by activity and totalized
- Expenses: Display of personal expenses
- Expenses per Resource: Personal expenses represented by resource
- Expenses per Activity: Personal expenses represented by activity
- Hours fixed price: Hours booked on a activity where a fixed price is determined
- Hours fixed price Activity: Display fixed price per activity
- Cost fixed price: Lines from the application Budget Cost
- Cost fixed price Activity: Lines from the application Budget Cost, represented by activity
- Cost costing: Lines from the application Purchase Invoices
- Cost costing Activity: Lines from the application Purchase Invoices grouped by activity
- Instalments: Instalments created in the application Calculations
Tip: Click here to find more details about the available types.
You can change the content and format of the type-tables once you've inserted them. Text can be added manually. Objects can be added by dragging and dropping from the object list on the left, or by entering the object name manually.
Attention: You can't use an object if the dragged and dropped objectname doesn't show in the type-table cell. Not all objects combine with all type-tables.
Delete an inserted Type-table
You can delete an inserted type-table by selecting a cell in the row directly beneath the row with all the table headers. After selecting one cell click 'remove row' in the menu.
The left column lists all available objects you can use in the attachment layout. The objects are placed in the cell in the order you drag and drop them.
When you hover over these objects the function of the object is displayed in a tooltip (for all object explanations read Attachment Layout Objects)