This tab is part of Masters > Invoice layout > Invoice layout details. Here te layout of the invoice template is created and saved.
You are able to create an Invoice layout by using the following menu's:
- Horizontal menu - Overall settings of the layout
- Left menu - On the basis of the Objects the desired information can be retrieved
- Right menu - Formatting the lay-out.
Horizontal menu - Overall settings
The following options affect the whole layout:
- Preview layout: Show a preview of the lay-out
- Save layout: Saves the current layout
- Last saved layout: Back to the last saved lay-out
- Blank layout: Clear al
- Layout settings: Setting margins, line height and font
- Insert image: Adding an Image. Images must be in jpg format and first must be uploaded in the files tab in one of the applications: Masters > Resources/ Projects/ Clienst
Left menu - Objects
The left column contains the possible objects that can be dragged to your template layout. The objects are placed underneath one another in the dragging order.
These objects are linked and show the data based on the corresponding project data
When you hover over these objects the function of the object is displayed in a tooltip (for all object explanations read Layout Objects)
You can also enter these objects manually. In a cell you navigate using the arrow keys.
You can add text to a cell manually. In some cases desired objects that aren't available in the left menu can be entered manually by typing the object name.
Right menu - Properties
Used for formatting the invoice lay-out (fields, lines, etc.).
When you hover over the buttons the function of the button is displayed in a tooltip (for an explanation per button read Invoice layout properties)
You can edit multiple cells simultaneously by selecting them using the CTRL-key (CMD-key).
To adjust enlarge the cell width, start on the right side of the line. Default a line contains 4 cells. You can only widen a cell after you've narrowed the cell on the right side of the line.
Essential in this menu is line-type. The set line type determines if and what kind of invoice lines are displayed on the invoice.
Attention: For example, if in the invoice layout there is no line marked as type hours costing, but the invoice does contain hours costing lines, they won't be displayed on the invoice. The hours costings lines are included in the total invoice amount though.
Setting a line type:
- Select a line by selecting a cell within that line. Than select the line type (see image). Available line types are:
- Hours costing
- Hours fixed price
- Cost costing
- Costs fixed price
- For setting a VAT-line, select a line by selecting a cell within that line. Than click the VAT-button (see image).
- The set line types are displayed at the right side of the layout (see image).