Topics: Setup and settings of Time- and/ or Expenses Registration - Authorization of Time/ Expense Sheets - Settings applications involved
In this article we describe step by step how to setup and customize Time- and/ or Expenses Registration.
Authorize these applications and their specific functions:
- Time Sheets - To submit actual hours. Authorize all resources who submit Time Sheets.
- Expense Sheets - To submit expenses. Authorize all resources who submit Expense Sheets.
- Approval - To approve actual hours/ expenses submitted with application Time Sheets or Expense Sheets. And to reopen approved hours so they can be corrected. Authorize only those resources that have to approve time- or expense sheets; Project manager and/ or Department manager. Authorize some resources who are able to reopen approved hours so they can be corrected. Reopened Timelines have to be submitted again in applications Time Sheets.
For a more detailed description of Profile functions read the article User profiles - Applications & Functions.
The main settings for Time- and Expense sheets are set in application Masters> System settings.
For more details read the article System settings paragraph 'Time Sheets & Expense Sheets'.
'Type' can be set as mandatory data for resources to enter. When entering Time Sheets the resource choses a Type value of a list. The values on the Type list can be added or edited in application Field lists.
'Reference' can be used to enter activity specific references. This data can be used to get specific information in application Inquiry.
The VAT values used in Expense Sheets can be changed or added in application System settings > VAT.
In application System settings Time- and Expense Sheets you can set the project manager and/ or the department manager to approve the submitted hours/ expenses.
When approval by "Project manager and Department manager" is selected, submitted hours first go to the Project manager. After sheets are approved they are presented to the Department Manager.
In application Masters> Projects the authorization can be changed by setting the option 'Manager is Approver'. In that case only the Department manager has to approve sheets, even though System Parameters states that "Project manager and Department manager" have to approve.
Resources who have top submit Time Sheets have to be 'User' Resources. Resources of the type 'Other' can't submit Time Sheets.
In Master Resources> tab Work - Backup Time/ Expense Sheets you can seta backup resource for each resource who can submit Time- and/ or Expense sheets.
The option 'Email due Time Sheets' is set per Resource and determines who will receive a reminder email of the due Time Sheets. The main setting if Due Time Sheets mails are send, is set in Masters> System Parameters> Tab Time Sheets.
General - The main options per Project are set here.
- Approve Time-/ Expenses - Submitted hours and expenses must be approved by the set Authorizer.
- Manager is Approver - This is applicable when approval is set to be done by "Project manager and Department manager". This way you can set the Department manager to be the only Approver for this project.
You can set a Manager and a Back-up Manager for each department. The Back-up Manager will be able to approve Time- and/ or expense Sheets as well. This will only be applicable if approval is set to be the Department Manager (To be set in System settings)
- Block Bookings: To set the activity to be (temporary) unavailable. This way nobody can plan or book time or expenses on the activity.
- Time: Making the activity available to book actuals in Time Sheets.
- Expenses: Making it available, so you can book personal expenses on this activity in Expense Sheets.
- Here you can authorize, remove, or block resource to book time on the project or specific activities.
- Only the activities you're authorized to are available to the resource in Time Sheets.
- System Parameters> tab Other> "Authorize resources to all activities" will add and authorize every resource that is, or has been planned on a project to Master> Project - Authorisation.