Follow these steps to set all invoicing parameters.
Authorize per profile the applications and according functions:
- Invoice layout - to add an invoice layout and attachment layout.
- Invoicing - to create, edit and approve invoices
- View invoices - to view approved and closed invoices, print an invoice copy or create a credit note
- Calculations - to add calculations to support client offers
- Purchase invoices - to record purchase invoices and being able to charge them with or without surcharge.
In section Address- and Bank information data is set needed in invoicing:
- name and address information
- bank information
- Payment terms in days: the default payment terms of your company
- Next invoice number
- Set the payment terms, terms in days on client level.
- Enter the address0, contact information needed for invoicing
- Enter an email address to be able to send conformation email or to email the invoice
Invoice layout: In this application you can create and manage a custom invoice layout and invoice attachment layout.
Tab General - The general options can be set per project:
Tab Invoicing - To set specific invoice settings per project:
- Invoice responsible - The user who can create project invoices in Applications > Invoicing.
- Invoice responsible backup - The user with the same capabilities as the Invoice responsible. He also can create project invoices in Applications > Invoicing.
- Debtor - The person, or department of the client who receives the invoices. The debtors of clients are managed in Masters > Clients > Debtors.
- Invoice layout - Determines how and what is displayed in the invoice. Invoice layouts are managed in Masters > Invoice layout.
- Credit note layout - Determines how and what is displayed in the credit nota. Invoice layouts are managed in Masters > Invoice layout.
- Invoice with parent project - The invoice settings of the parent project are used. The project is invoiced with the parent project as set in Project tab General.
- Charge kilometres - Determines if and how travel distance is charged to the client.
- Charge expenses - Determines if and how expenses are charged to the client.
- VAT hours - The VAT value to use when charging hours. VAT rates are set in Masters > System settings > VAT.
- VAT costs - The VAT value to use when charging costs. VAT rates are set in Masters > System settings > VAT.
- Invoice reference 1-5 - Free fields to use. These values can be used in the invoice layout and displayed in each invoice.
- Budget Hours - The budgeted number of hours
- Budget Rate - the standard rate to calculate the budget
- Budget rate is fixed commercial rate - Budget rate is set to be the commercial rate. This overrules the commercial rate set in Project - Authorisation (rate).
- Charge - to set the charging method of the bookings. There are 3 options:
- Not chargeable - Booked activity time or expenses are ignored when invoicing the project
- Fixed price - Regardless of the amount of booked time or expenses a fixed price is invoiced
- Costing - The actual booked time, rate and expenses determine the amount that is invoice
- Status - Showing the invoice status. Only applicable when charging a fixed price.
Tab (Resources/) Authorisation
Here you can add resources to a project which you can authorize per resource-activity and set a commercial and cost rate. Only authorised users can book time on the specific project activity. The commercial and cost rate are the rates used in planned, actual hours and invoicing, except when the option 'Budget rate is fixed commercial rate' is set. Than the budget rate is used. In invoicing you can change the amount if you want.
When adding a resource to a project in tab Authorisation. The rates of a resource are default set, with the out of masters resources or masters positions. But only if (one of) these rates in these masters are set.