Masters > System Settings is used to manage the settings for the interface with Office365. This interface loads the planning into the calendar of Office365.
- Application: Office 365
- Description: Resource planning is done entirely in Timewax. A resource is scheduled in Timewax. Planned activities are automatically added to the personal calendar of the resource.
- The integration only updates when the Timewax bookings have been altered.
- Initial system set-up
- Users authorise Timewax to Office 365
- Deactivate interface
- Details interface
1. Initial system set-up
Once the integration is activated, the interface settings are available in Masters > System Settings > Office 365 Integration. To get the connection up and running these settings must be set.
- Email address (to and cc) which Timewax will use to send the error log information.
Office 365 Information - determines what booking information is copied to the calendar
- Breakdown Description
- Progress Link
- Default booking status
2. Authorise Timewax
You need to have an active Office 365 account with access to the Office 365 Calendar.
After activating the Office 365 interface, each user must authorise Timewax to their Office 365 account through OAuth.
OAuth (Open Authorisation) is an open standard for authorization. OAuth allows access tokens to be issued without exposing confidential information like username and password. This will improve the security of the integration and user data.
Authorise Timewax to Office 365:
- Look in the top right of the navigation bar and open Settings > Settings > Office 365
- Click the button "Activate Office 365 integration"
- Timewax opens a second page "Activate Office 365 integration". Click the link 'click here'
- A new page, the Office 365 inlog window, opens. Log in to your Office 365 account
- If the authorisation was successful, you will see the page 'Integration activated'
By creating a "Timewax' category, you can display Timewax bookings in another color than your other Office 365 Events.
- Right click on an event in the Office 365 Calendar
- Categorize> manage Categories
- Add a category, name it "Timewax" and give it a different color
3. Deactivate interface
In Settings > Office 365, the user can deactivate the interface. This option is visible after activation. Currently deactivation is only visible if you navigate to the home page and from there go to the Settings.
4. Details interface
- Timewax: Bookings from the Planning board/calendar
- Office 365: Events
|Office 365 Event Field||Timewax Field||Description|
|Subject/ Event||Project Code Project Name - Activity||Also in description|
|Date||Date||Also in description|
|Start time||Start time||Also in description|
|End time||End time||Also in description|
|Where||Location||Also in description|
|Description||Project Manager||Project Code - Project Name (Project Manager)|
|Description||Resources (planned)||Multiple resources are separated by ", "|
|Description||Link Progress||Optional in Edition: Plus or Plan|
|Description||-||Latest update date and time|