Project - Activities and costs is part of Masters > Projects > Edit. In activities you can define a Work Breakdown Structure (e.g. activities, phases, activities, tasks). for each item you can enter a (hour) budget and if and how it is invoiced.
An activity is an planable level of a project. Each project has to have at least one activity. If you don't specify any, one activity GEN General is automatically created. There is no limited number of activities.
1. Add activity
Select the activity level were you want to create a new activity.
Create the activity by using the button Add activity. Enter the mandatory data in the popup window.
2. Edit actvity details
Select the in Project - Activities & costs the activity you want to edit and click the Edit link on the right.
- The button Save and back to list saves your changes and returns you to the activity & costs list.
- The Cancel link ignores your changes and returns you to the activity & costs list.
- Code - Activity code
- Name - Activity title, short description.
- Status: status of the activity (define your own values with the application Field lists)
- Team Manager - person responsible (can be used in the application Progress)
- Color - determines the presentation of resource bookings in the Planning Board
- Milestone - determines presentation in Gantt Chart
- Resource bookings - available for resource bookings
- Gantt Chart - available in the application Gantt Chart
- Time sheets - available for bookings in Time Sheets
- Expenses sheets - available for Expenses sheets
- Block entries - blocks the creation of time, expense and planning entries
- Budget Hours - The budgeted number of hours
- Budget Rate - the standard rate to calculate the budget
- Budget amount - Calculated amount based on budget hours and budget rate
- Budget rate is fixed commercial rate - Budget rate is set to be the commercial rate. This overrules the commercial rate set in Project - Authorisation (rate).
- Use quantities in progress - Instead of entering progress in hours, it's now set in quantities. Enter the budget quantity.
- Charge - to set the charging method of the bookings. There are 3 options:
- Not chargeable - Booked activity time or expenses are ignored when invoicing the project
- Fixed price - Regardless of the amount of booked time or expenses a fixed price is invoiced
- Costing - The actual booked time, rate and expenses determine the amount that is invoiced
- Date - Invoice date. Only applies when charging a fixed price.
- Amount - Invoice amount. The amount that is invoiced when charging a fixed price.
- Status - Invoice status. Only applicable when charging a fixed price.
Here you can enter resource criteria that resources have to meet when planned on the activity. The entered values are visible in each activity booking made in Calendar of Planning board.
- Department - The department to which the resources is assigned
- Position - The position the resource must have
- Skills 1-3 - The desired skills the resource must possess.
- Remarks - Remarks regarding the activity. This remark is used when sending a reminder email. This remark is copied as default description to each booking made on this activity.
3. Delete Activity
Select in Project - Activities & costs the activity you want to delete and click the Edit link on the right. Next click the button Delete activity.
The activity is only removed if there are no time lines, expense lines or invoice lines.
4. Duplicate activity
To duplicate, copy an activity within a project.
Select in Project - Activities & costs the activity you want to duplicate and click the link Duplicatie in the bottom right of the window. The activity is copied with (copy) added to the original activity name. The copy is placed above the original.
5. Copy activity
To copy an activity of another project to the current project.
- Select in Project - Activities & costs the level where you want the new activity added.
- Click the link Copy in the bottom right of the window.
- Select the project and activity you want to copy.
- Click the button Copy. The activity is copied.
6. Structure and hierarchy
Costs are automatically placed within the activity level at the bottom of the activity list.
- Activity. Only this level is planable and visible in Planning board
- Parent activity
- Indent right. Make this activity a child activity of the activity above.
- Indent left. Place this activity at the same level as the parent activity.
- Expand all activities and costs
- Collapse all activities and costs
- Collapse selected level. Hide all lower activity and cost levels.
- Expand selected level. Display all levels, activities and costs of the selected level.
Drag & Drop - To change the order and hierarchy of activities and costs.