In Masters > System settings > Email templates, you can create and manage email templates that define the emails you send.
There are different types of email templates you can define:
- Planning reminder
- Planning confirmation
- Planning report
When you open the email template section, the template list shows all templates available. From here you have access to the other functions.
- Search templates - Search templates by type or name.
- Add template - Add, create new templates.
- View/ edit template - Opens template details: Code and name, HTML email, Text email and HTML preview.
2. Add template
- Create a new template by using the button Add Email template. Enter the mandatory data in the popup window.
- Type and name are mandatory and must be entered directly
- (Extra) template details can be added later by using the function Email template edit/view.
3. Edit template
The function Edit Email template opens the template details were you can edit or add details.
These fields are available:
- Name - Template name
- Type - The template type determines in what function the email template can be used.
- Reply to - Email address to send the reply mail to. If this is left empty, you can't reply to the email.
- Name sender - Name shown as being the sender
- HTML email - The email format in HTML-code
- Text email - The email text that is shown when the client can't view email in HTML code.
- Preview HTML email - Preview, example of the HTML email version.
Templates define the layout and content of an email. Every template has a HTML and a plain text version. In the HTML version you can define your own branding elements. The plain text version will be displayed when the email client of the recipient does not allow HTML.
You can define the content of email templates with your own defined text in combination with standard objects. The objects available depends on the Email template type you're creating. See the according support articles to see the specific type objects.
4. Delete template
Delete template - Template-list > Edit template > Delete template (bottom right).