In this guide we will explain the following:
- How to create a webhook.
- How to create a API token.
1.Make sure you are authorized to add/edit a webhook in Jira. From the main menu go to
Jira settings -> System -> WebHooks.
2. In the top right of the screen click on Create a WebHook.
3. Fill in all mandatory fields:
- Name (Enter a name)
- Status (Make sure this is on Enabled)
- URL: (Use https://apps.timewax.com/jira/api/worklog)
4. Make sure the following checkboxes under Worklog are active.
5. To register your WebHook scroll to the bottom of the page and click Create.
6. Finished. You just created a WebHook between Timewax and Jira.
ADD API TOKEN
1. In Jira open the Profile settings menu and click on Profile.
2. Click on Manage your account.
3. Click in the left menu on Security.
4. Click on Create and manage API tokens.
5. Click on the Create API token button.
6. Enter a name for the token in the label field. Then Click on the Create button.
7. Copy the token and paste this in the Jira Password field in System settings.
8. Finished. You have now added the API token in the System settings.